Thursday, March 14, 2013

Who Will Be Jesus To Them?

     Lately it seems like God has brought so many completely broken people into our lives and across our church's pathway..... Some of them used to attend, but have gone out and lived the roughest lives possible and now are on their death bed, turning to us for help. Others we never met but God used our church through the DVD ministry to reach them before they died. Some of the people have been going through some of the most horrific pain possible...
    So often in our humanity we want to pick and choose who we minister too, or who we think will be open to the Gospel, but that is not what Jesus taught us. We don't want to reach out to the ones who society would label as bums, outcasts, the ones who don't smell good..... It's not easy to walk into their home, a hospital room, or funeral home full of those people,  but Jesus would.....
     I don't use my blog to "preach at others" or  to "sound super spiritual", because those are not my intentions, but going through this "phase of life" or "time of growth", whatever you want to call it, has been an eye opener to both Michael and I, and I think for most of our church as well.... This song has been one I have been listening to often { not this exact version but it was the only one I could find on YouTube } and I wanted to share it on here.

2 comments:

Jessica G said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing, and for stirring my own heart.

Laura Engle said...

Isn't so amazing when God takes us at our word and allows us to be the vessel that He uses to pour out His love on that trampled and wilting life. God is so amazing, He blesses us while He uses us to bless others:)